9 Cabin Locations to Avoid
Avoid booking a cabin in one of the following locations on-board your cruise ship:
- Cabins under, near or above late-night venues such as night clubs, lounges, bars with music.
- Cabins close to a self-service launderette (the machine & the people make a lot of noise).
- Cabins right under the pool deck because of the noise created by the passengers dragging deck chairs, pool parties, games and loud music.
- Cabins under the promenade deck - the noise of the early runners may cut your night sleep short.
- Cabins on lower deck aft, due to the noise from the engines.
- Cabins with 'obstructed views' - these offer a very little view of the outside, are often sold at the last minute with strong discounts.
- Cabins forward on a lower deck - the noise from bow thrusters or arrival in tender ports when the anchors are lowered.
- Cabins under, above, or adjacent to children's clubs (unless you have kids) due to the noise and kids running around.
- Cabins adjacent to crew or service doorways as they often slam the door.