Update June 2021: MSC has cancelled the MSC Lirica for the 2021/2022 season - MSC will only cruise with MSC Orchestra.
See original news article:
Ross Volk, MD of MSC Cruises South Africa, confirmed that the MSC Lirica and MSC Musica will sail in South Africa for the 2021-2022 season.
During a virtual meeting with the South African travel trade this morning, Volk reiterated MSC Cruises' confidence in the upcoming season.
What are the MSC Musica Itineraries planned in South Africa in 2021-2022?
The MSC Musica will leave Venice, Italy on 24 October 2021. She will visit Split - Croatia, Heraklion - Greece, sail through the Suez Canal to Aqaba - Jordan, Eilat - Israel, Salalah - Oman, stay three nights in Port Louis - Mauritius, with her final port being la Possession - Reunion before arriving in Durban on the 22 November 2021.
She will then stay in South Africa for 38 itineraries until 24 April 2022, when she will sail back up the African coast, through the Suez Canal returning to Venice, Italy.
In South Africa, the MSC Musica will be primarily based in Durban. She will be sojourning to Cape Town from 13 January 2022 and depart back to Durban on 30 January.
While in Cape Town, she will sail:
- 3 departures - 5 nights to Walvis Bay and Lüderitz, Namibia
- 1 departure - 2 night cruise to nowhere
In Durban, MSC Musica will be sailing mainly to Mozambique:
- 16 departures - 4 night cruises visiting Pomene
- 12 departures - 3 night cruises visiting Portuguese Island
Highlights of the 2021/2022 South Africa season on MSC Musica:
- She will also be back to Maputo, for a single 5 night journey departing on 14 April 2022, visiting both Pomene and Maputo.
- The MSC Musica Christmas Cruise will be a 6 night journey from 20 to 26 December 2021 visiting Maputo, Portuguese Island and Pomene - all in Mozambique.
- The MSC Musica New Year Cruise is 14 nights, from 26 December 2021 to 9 January 2022, visiting Portuguese Island and Pomene in Mozambique, Nosy Be in Madagascar, La Possession in Reunion and 2 days' stay in Port Louis, Mauritius.
What are the MSC Lirica Itineraries planned in South Africa in 2021-2022?
In South Africa, the MSC Lirica will be primarily based in Cape Town.
Highlights of the 2021/ 2022 South African season on MSC Lirica:
- The great update for the 2021-2022 season is that MSC Lirica will be sailing on a 7 night cruise to Ilha de Mozambique (Nampula) departing on 7 March 2022. On her way back to Durban, she will call in at Pomene for the day.
- The MSC Lirica Christmas Cruise 2021 will depart on 22 December for a 4 night cruise to Walvis Bay, Namibia.
- The MSC Lirica New Year Cruise 2021 will depart from Cape Town on 26 December for a 7 night cruise sailing Cape Town – Port Elizabeth – Walvis Bay – Cape Town.
The main itineraries from Durban for MSC Lirica for 2021/2022:
- 2 departures - 3 nights to Portuguese Island, Mozambique.
- 1 departure - 2 night cruise to nowhere from Durban.
- 1 departure - 4 night cruise to Pomene, Mozambique.
The main itineraries for MSC Lirica from Cape Town for 2021/2022:
- 8 departures - 4 night cruise to Walvis Bay.
- 4 departures - 5 night cruise to Walvis Bay and Lüderitz, Namibia.
- 2 departures - 2 night cruise to nowhere.